DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING ASSOCIATE
The Marin Symphony seeks a Development & Marketing Associate to join our close-knit team. This position is the lead associate for all administrative aspects of audience and fund development. The ideal candidate will have three years’ experience in the performing arts sector, work well in a collaborative environment, be exceptionally organized and focused, and exhibit outstanding oral and written communication skills.
The Development & Marketing Associate plays a crucial role in the Marin Symphony’s fundraising efforts by providing administrative support to all fundraising activities including donor, sponsor, and foundation relations, direct mail appeals, and special events. The Development Associate supports the Development Director, staff, Board of Directors, and volunteers in executing all individual, government, foundation, corporate, endowment, and planned giving programs, as well as fundraising events.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor files.
• Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
• Continually update and refine database records.
• Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
• Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters.
• Coordinate with Marketing, Development, and other departments to design and schedule online communications (e-blasts, advertisements, and social media posts).
• Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
• Handle all administrative details associated with the Development and Special Events Committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
• Attend Marin Symphony concerts and Development events as part of our team.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
• Success in maintaining accuracy and completeness of database records.
• Accuracy of fundraising reports.
• Success in coordinating the production of direct mail appeals.
• Success in maintaining donor hard copy files.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Database management experience – eTapestry or comparable Blackbaud database experience preferred
• Knowledge of e-mail marketing platforms (Constant Contact, MailChimp) a plus
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative or development assistant position, in a not-for-profit development office
Salary & Benefits:
• $45-50,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
• Healthcare stipend; paid vacation and holidays
Please send cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.