The acclaimed Marin Symphony Orchestra, founded in 1952, presents four pairs of classical concerts in the Marin Veterans’ Memorial Auditorium each year, along with pops, holiday, and family performances. Under the leadership of Music Director Alasdair Neale, more than 80 professional symphony musicians, 110 chorus members and world-class guest artists come together to bring live performances to the community. Over 150 student musicians participate in the Symphony’s youth programs, including the Marin Symphony Youth Orchestra, Crescendo, and Overture programs. Throughout the year, the Symphony produces multiple special events including Family, Holiday, and “Outside the Hall” Concerts.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: PATRON RELATIONS AND ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
WORKS WITH: Office Staff, Board of Directors, Volunteers, Marin Center Box Office
SUMMARY: Providing exceptional and consistent overall operational support for the senior management staff, Board of Directors, and symphony customers, the Patron Relations and Administrative Coordinator is a vital member of our office and organizational operation. The ideal candidate shall effortlessly display exceptional customer and staff support, selflessness, and authenticity. A variety of acquired skills are desirable for this position, some of which are expected to be present at the time of hire (e.g. computer skills, general communication abilities); others will be taught on the job (e.g. use of customer relationship management database).
Patron Relations is often the first staff member a customer interacts with. As such, it is imperative the successful candidate embody the characteristics and vision consistent with that of the entire organization. The right person will help the organization thrive and will quickly develop meaningful and genuine relationships with dozens of constituents, from musicians to board members to funders to vendors. This is a position well suited for someone looking to develop their skills in a high-energy, fast-paced environment with rigorous standards, high expectations, and a minimum of down-time.
Customer Service and Support
Manage all ticketing and seating for over 1,100 subscribers, donors, sponsors, and special constituencies
- serve as the first point of contact for clients by phone, mail, online, and in-person
- coordinate mailing of subscriber renewal notices & ticket packages
- create gift certificates for the season and track certificate issuance and usage
- act as Marin Center Box Office liaison: track single ticket sales, arrange special seating
- issue outreach tickets for organizations serving disadvantaged individuals
In concert with the Executive Director and the Senior Management Team, provide exceptional support to board members around board and committee meetings, during production weeks, and in general.
- assist Executive Director in the preparation for all board meetings
- create and distribute meeting schedules, meeting materials, minutes, and agendas; manage attendance for all committees
- prepare materials for full Board meetings; attend full Board meetings & take minutes
- prepare other materials to distribute to the Board as necessary
- reserve meeting spaces for committee and full Board meetings
General Office Administration and Staff Assistance
Database Management: responsibility for the daily oversight of customer relationship management software.
- accurately enter all transactions into database
- enter constituent account information
- create customized queries and reports on sales and donations
- track progress on subscription sales, single ticket sales, special event attendance
Support of concert production and special events:
- assist with post-concert receptions for networking with donors and VIP guests
- help with edits to the concert program book, marketing materials, and ensure accuracy of donor listings
- assist with hands-on physical setup and clean-up of events and functions as required
General Office duties
- order and stock office supplies
- assign weekly in-office volunteer duties as necessary
- general office upkeep, cleanliness, and organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- ability and willingness to work both standard office hours and non-standard hours (including nights and weekends)
- ability to regularly lift up to 30 pounds
- ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, Excel (must have working knowledge of data manipulation, graphing, etc.)
- Experience with database management (eTapestry preferred) and website maintenance (WordPress)
- concert and event attendance expected
- some experience and appreciation of classical music preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- $42-47K annually, commensurate with experience.
- Healthcare stipend; paid vacation and holidays.
- TO APPLY: Send cover letter, résumé (2 pages maximum), and three professional references to Tod Brody (firstname.lastname@example.org). Position open until filled.