Symphony Day Prep & Guidelines
Marin Symphony Day is an exciting experience for everyone! In order for for the listeners in the audience and the musicians onstage to enjoy the concert fully, please observe the following important guidelines.
BEFORE THE CONCERT:
- Learn About the Instruments That Make Up an Orchestra:
Which instrument would you like to play?
- Learn About Enjoying a Concert:
- A Short Guide to Concert Etiquette (YouTube video)
- Marin Symphony FAQ’s (see When Do I Clap and Concert Etiquette)
- One week in advance of the concert, you will receive directions to Marin Center and details on the entrance through which your school will be entering. Please prepare to present that confirmation on the day of the performance.
- Please contact email@example.com ahead of of Symphony Day regarding those in your party with special needs.
DAY OF THE CONCERT:
- Please allow time before leaving school for students to visit the restroom. There is no intermission in the 45 minute concert and mid-concert trips to the restroom mean missing out on great music!
- If you are coming by bus, be sure to get your driver’s cell phone number and bus number.
- For the 10:00 am performance, doors open at 9:30 am. Please plan to arrive in time to be seated by 9:55am. For the 11:30 am performance, doors open at 11:00 am. Please plan to arrive in time to be seated by 11:25am. Seating is first-come, first-served.
- If your group is traveling separately, meet outside your assigned entrance until everyone is assembled. Only complete groups will be seated.
- You will be greeted by a Symphony Volunteer at the door. Let them know your school name and the total number of people in your group sitting together.
- Food, drinks, chewing gum, and backpacks are not permitted in the hall.
DURING THE CONCERT:
- Please turn off your cell phones. The use of cameras and video recorders is prohibited.
- Teachers and chaperones should sit amongst the students. To ensure everyone’s enjoyment of the concert, please take immediate action in the event of inappropriate behavior.
AFTER THE CONCERT:
• When the concert is over, please keep your group together at their seats and await exit instructions.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING TO
We would love to hear from you and your students about the experience. Please send any letters or artwork to: Education Department, Marin Symphony, 4340 Redwood Highway, Suite 409C, San Rafael, CA, 94903.