Welcome Marin Symphony Youth Orchestra Alumni!
The Marin Symphony Youth Orchestra was founded in 1955 under the visionary direction of Hugo Rinaldi, Director of Music for San Rafael City Schools, and Barry Boland, a Marin Symphony violinist. Since then, thousands of students have completed the program and gone on to successful careers in music and beyond.
Currently under the direction of Ann Krinitsky, the Marin Symphony Youth Programs, consisting of the Marin Symphony Youth Orchestra (conducted by Ann Krinitsky) and the Crescendo Orchestra and Overture String Ensemble (conducted by Anne Lerner-Wright), serve more than 120 Marin students. If you are an alumni of any of these programs, you’ve come to the right place.
- The MSYO has performed at the Bay Area Youth Orchestra Festivals at both Davies Symphony Hall and Weill Hall at the Green Center.
- MSYO recorded its first CD, “A Day at the Studio,” at Skywalker Ranch in Nicasio in 2013, and is currently editing its second.
- The MSYO inaugurated a new tradition by naming the first annual Hugo Rinaldi Fellowship winner in MSYO and granting Musical Citizenship Awards to deserving members of the Crescendo and Overture Ensembles.
Join the Marin Symphony Youth Orchestra Alum on Facebook and stay in touch!
Join us at a concert during MSYO’s 63rd season! Crescendo and Overture Ensembles’ performances at 3:00 PM; MSYO Concert at 7:00 PM at the James Dunn Theatre at College of Marin.
- Winter Concert: Sunday, December 3, 2017
- Spring Concert: Sunday, May 6, 2018
SHARE YOUR STORIES
Do you have fond memories of your days rehearsing and performing in the Marin Symphony Youth Orchestra, Orchestra Piccola, Workshop for Strings, Workshop for Winds, or the Crescendo Orchestra? Did you tour to Spoleto, Vienna, Australia or Vancouver? For our 60th Anniversary, we are reaching out to you, our alumni, to reconnect, hear what you’ve been doing and invite you to celebrate with us!
Thanks for sharing your stories.
If you’d like to support our youth programs for future generations, please give to the Marin Symphony today.